From the movie: Spider-Man: Far from Home
“- Nick Fury: How’s the suit?
– Peter Parker: It’s a little tight around the ol’ web-shooter.”
Samuel L. Jackson – Nick Fury
Tom Holland – Peter Parker
From the movie: Bohemian Rhapsody
“- Brian May: Wow! I didn’t know it was fancy dress, Fred.
– Freddie Mercury: I’ve got to make an impression, darling!
– Brian May: You look like an angry lizard!”
Gwilym Lee – Brian May
Rami Malek – Freddie Mercury
In: Money and Actors
“Behind every beautiful fur, there is a story. It is a bloody, barbaric story.”
Mary Tyler Moore
In: Actors in real life
“My father told me to dress to reflect the respect you have for the people around you. I’ve never forgotten that.”
“Everyone has seen photographs of Mexicans wearing those big sombreros. When you come to Mexico, the astonishing thing is, nobody wears these hats at all.”
From the movie: Men in Black: International
“- Agent O: You really think a black suit is going to solve all your problems?
– Agent M: No. But, looks damn good on you.”
Emma Thompson – Agent O
Tessa Thompson – Agent M
From the movie: Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Ladies and gentlemen, do you like the pelt? Be honest, because some bitch stopped me on the way in. “What poor and unfortunate creature had to die for you to wear that?”.
John Cameron Mitchell – Hedwig
From the movie: The King and I
“- Anna Leonowens: All properly dressed English ladies always wear undergarments.
– King Mongkut of Siam: I have opinion that, in this regard, England is very backward nation.”
Deborah Kerr – Anna Leonowens
Yul Brynner – King Mongkut of Siam
From the movie: High Society
“- Tracy Lord: Do you like my dress?
– Uncle Willie: Oh yes, it’s quite beautiful.
– Tracy Lord: It’s awfully heavy.”
Grace Kelly – Tracy Lord
Louis Calhern – Uncle Willie
From the movie: Forbidden Planet
“- Altaira Morbius: Robby, I must have a new dress, right away.
– Robby the Robot: Again?
– Altaira Morbius: Oh, but this one must be different! Absolutely nothing must show – below, above or through.
– Robby the Robot: Radiation-proof?
– Altaira Morbius: No, just eye-proof will do.”
Anne Francis – Altaira Morbius
Robby the Robot – Himself
From the movie: Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
“- Lady Beekman: It’s a tiara.
– Lorelei Lee: You do wear it on your head. I just love finding new places to wear diamonds.”
Norma Varden – Lady Beekman
Marilyn Monroe – Lorelei Lee
From the movie: An American in Paris
“- Jerry Mulligan: That’s… quite a dress you almost have on.
– Milo Roberts: Thanks.
– Jerry Mulligan: What holds it up?
– Milo Roberts: Modesty.”
Gene Kelly – Jerry Mulligan
Nina Foch – Milo Roberts
From the movie: In A Lonely Place
“- 2nd Hatcheck Girl: Mr. Waterman, you forgot to change your costume.
– Charlie Waterman: This is not a costume, ignorant wench, it’s the formal attire of a gentleman.”
Pat Barton – Second Hat Check Girl
Robert Warwick – Charlie Waterman
From the movie: Spider-Man: Homecoming
“If you’re nothing without that suit, then you shouldn’t have it.”
Robert Downey Jr. – Tony Stark
From the movie: Fort Apache
“Gentlemen, I did not seek this command, but since it’s been assigned me, I intend to make this regiment the finest on the frontier. I fully realize that prolonged duty in a small outpost can lead to carelessness… and inefficiency and laxity in dress and deportment. I call it to your attention that only one of you has reported here this morning…”
Henry Fonda – Lt. Col. Owen Thursday
From the movie: Downton Abbey
“If I know anything about royal visits, we will never stop changing clothes.”
Laura Carmichael – Lady Edith
From the movie: Mildred Pierce
“- Veda: It’s the dress. It’s awfully cheap material. I can tell by the smell.
– Kay Pierce: What did you expect? Want it inlaid with gold?
– Veda: Well, it seems to me, if you’re buying anything, it should be the best. This is definitely not the best.
– Kay Pierce: Oh, quit. You’re breakin’ my heart.”
Ann Blyth – Veda Pierce
Jo Ann Marlowe – Kay Pierce
From the movie: The Art of Self-Defense
“Not only does it represent my black belt in karate but it also helps keep my pants up.”
Alessandro Nivola – Sensei
From the movie: Mary Poppins Returns
“Good heavens Annabel, what have you done to your clothes? You could grow a garden with that much soil.”
Emily Blunt – Mary Poppins
“Not obsessed with particularly Nike, but sneakers in general. I love them.”
“I take fancy dress very seriously. I mean incredibly seriously.”
From the movie: Man with the Gun
“Always dresses in gray. Black would fit his profession better.”
Florenz Ames – Doc Hughes
From the movie: Niagara
“- Ray Cutler: Why don’t you ever get a dress like that?
– Polly Cutler: Listen. For a dress like that, you’ve got to start laying plans when you’re about thirteen.”
Max Showalter – Ray Cutler
Jean Peters – Polly Cutler
From the movie: Captain Marvel
“- Nick Fury: It’s a S.H.I.E.L.D. logo.
– Carol Danvers: Does announcing your identity with branded clothing, help with the covert part of the job?
– Nick Fury: … said the space soldier who’s wearing a rubber suit.”
Brie Larson – Carol Danvers
Samuel L. Jackson – Nick Fury
From the movie: Rocketman
“- Bernie Taupin: Don’t you want to just sing without this ridiculous paraphernalia?
– Elton John: People don’t pay to see Reg Dwight! They pay to see Elton John!”
Jamie Bell – Bernie Taupin
Taron Egerton – Elton John
1 of 8 Next