In: Actors in real life
“The more I go through parenting, the more I say I owe my mother an apology.”
From the movie: Best of the Best
“To save a life in defeat is to earn victory and honor within. Your brother too, was a great fighter. I deeply regret your loss, and I offer myself as your brother.”
Simon Rhee- Dae Han
From the movie: The Dirty Dozen
“- Col. Everett Dasher Breed: Reisman! Some people may consider you a first-class officer. But as far as I’m concerned, you’re a disorganized, undisciplined clown. I’m gonna’ make it my business to run you out of this Army.
– Maj. Reisman: I owe you an apology, colonel. I always thought that you were a cold, unimaginative, tight-lipped officer….”
Robert Ryan – Col. Everett Dasher Breed
Lee Marvin – Maj. John Reisman
From the movie: Happy Gilmore
“I’m stupid. You’re smart. I was wrong. You were right. You’re the best. I’m the worst. You’re very good-looking. I’m not attractive.”
Adam Sandler – Happy Gilmore
From the movie: Paths of Glory
“- General Broulard: It would be a pity to lose your promotion before you get it. A promotion you have so very carefully planned for.
– Colonel Dax: Sir, would you like me to suggest what you can do with that promotion?
– General Broulard: Colonel Dax! You will apologize at once or I shall have you placed under arrest!
– Colonel Dax: I…”
Adolphe Menjou – Gen. George Broulard
Kirk Douglas – Col. Dax
From the movie: Professor Marston and the Wonder Women
“- Elizabeth Marston: Will you stop apologizing? Do you know how many times a minute you apologize?
– Olive Byrne: Sorry.”
Rebecca Hall – Elizabeth Marston
Bella Heathcote – Olive Byrne
From the movie: Spider-Man: Far from Home
“Don’t ever apologize for being the smartest one in the room.”
Jake Gyllenhaal – Quentin Beck
From the movie: Flower Drum Song
“- Wang Chi-Yang: Where have you been till this hour?
– Wang Ta: Spending the night…
– Wang Chi-Yang: Stop! Not in front of your aunt.
– Wang Ta: I beg your forgiveness, Father. You were right. I should have listened. I was a fool.
– Wang Chi-Yang: Knowing you are a fool is the beginning of wisdom. Now I have my son back.”
Benson Fong – Wang Chi-Yang
James Shigeta – Wang Ta
From the movie: The Mule
“For what it’s worth, I’m sorry for everything.”
Clint Eastwood – Earl Stone
From the movie: Venom
“- Venom: Parasite?
– Eddie Brock: Yeah. It’s a term of endearment, that’s all.
– Venom: Apologize!
– Eddie Brock: No.
– Venom: Apologize!
– Eddie Brock: All right, fine. I’m sorry. So, what do you want to do now?
– Venom: The way I see it, we can do whatever we want.”
Tom Hardy – Venom
Tom Hardy – Eddie Brock
From the movie: Venom
“You should apologize to her. You may not live to get another chance.”
Tom Hardy – Venom
From the movie: The Equalizer 2
“People do bad things; if you’re lucky, you get a chance to set it right, but most of the time it goes unpunished. This ain’t one of them times.”
Denzel Washington – Robert McCall
From the movie: Charlie Wilson’s War
“- Cravely: You tell me to go fuck myself and I’m supposed to apologize. You break my window, I’m supposed to apologize?
– Gust Avrakotos: The Helsinki job was mine!
– Cravely: The Helsinki job was not yours. If it was yours, you’d be in Helsinki.”
John Slattery – Cravely
Philip Seymour Hoffman – Gust Avrakotos
From the movie: Hidden Figures
“- Colonel Jim Johnson: I’m sorry, Katherine.
– Katherine G. Johnson: For what, Jim?
– Colonel Jim Johnson: Underestimating you, and any other woman like you, though I don’t imagine there’s many.
– Katherine G. Johnson: That’s good practice, right there.”
Mahershala Ali – Colonel Jim Johnson
Taraji P. Henson – Katherine G. Johnson
From the movie: Zoolander 2
“- Valentina: Please accept my apologies.
– Derek Zoolander: None taken.”
Penelope Cruz – Valentina Valencia
Ben Stiller – Derek Zoolander
From the movie: The Last Starfighter
“I’m sorry, it was an accident. I didn’t mean to step on your, uh, whatever that is.”
Lance Guest – Alex Rogan
From the movie: In & Out
“I’m a horrible person. You have every right to hate me. You should hate me. I want you to hate me! I insist that you hate me! I’m scum, I’m garbage, I’m vermin, and I’m sorry.”
Kevin Kline – Howard Brackett
From the movie: Burnt
“Apologize to the turbot ’cause it died in vain. I said apologize!”
Bradley Cooper – Adam Jones
From the movie: Get Out
“- Georgina: I owe you an apology. How rude of me to have touched your belongs without asking.
– Chris Washington: Oh, no. That’s cool. I was just confused.
– Georgina: Well, I can assure you, there was no – funny business.”
Betty Gabriel – Georgina
Daniel Kaluuya – Chris Washington
From the movie: Brass Target
“- Mara: Why didn’t you come back?
– Maj. Joe De Lucca: I’m sorry. The war got in the way.”
Sophia Loren – Mara
John Cassavetes – Maj. Joe De Lucca
From the movie: Everything, Everything
“- Kayra: It’s actually… more of a… an apology than an introduction.
– Pauline: What’s she apologizing for?
– Olly Bright: For moving in.”
Taylor Hickson – Kayra
Anika Noni Rose – Pauline
Nick Robinson – Olly
In: Motivational Quotes
“The absent are never without fault. Nor the present without excuse.”
Sir Michael Caine
From the movie: The Girl on the Train
“I’m here because I… because I… because I woke up, um, covered in blood. And I had bruises all over my arm, um… It’s usually from when I’ve fallen and someone’s helped me up. My husband… he used to tell me what I’d done the night before. And I learned when you wake up like that, you just say you’re sorry. You just say you’re sorry for…”
Emily Blunt – Rachel
From the movie: The Spectacular Now
“- Aimee: I’m sorry, I don’t know how to dance like Cassidy.
– Sutter: Hey. You dance like Aimee and that’s perfect.”
Shailene Woodley – Aimee
Miles Teller – Sutter
From the movie: Dolores Claiborne
“- Det. John Mackey: I’m sorry, but I think it’s for the best if you got yourself some legal representation.
– Dolores Claiborne: You’re sorry, are you? Bet the last time you were sorry was when you needed to use the pay toilet and the string on your pet dime broke.”
Christopher Plummer – Det. John Mackey
Kathy Bates – Dolores Claiborne
1 of 6 Next