From the movie: Amistad
“- John Quincy Adams: I’m telling you, I’m preparing you, I suppose I’m explaining to you that the test ahead of us is an exceptionally difficult one.
– Cinque: We won’t be going there alone.
– John Quincy Adams: Alone? Indeed not, no we have right at our side, we have righteousness at our side. We have Mr Baldwin over there.
– Cinque: I meant my…”
Philip Anthony Hopkins – John Quincy Adams
Djimon Hounsou – Cinque
From the movie: First Knight
“This is the heart of Camelot, not these stones, not these timbers, these palaces and towers. Burn them all and Camelot lives on, because it lives in us. Camelot is a belief that we hold in our hearts.”
Sir Sean Connery – King Arthur
From the movie: Watchmen
“Funny, ancient pharaohs looked forward to the end of the world. Hoping the cadavers would rise, and reclaim hearts from golden jars. Must currently be holding breath in anticipation.”
Jackie Earle Haley – Rorschach
From the movie: Cannibal Holocaust
“We weren’t able to get anything out of the Yanomamo except for the wristwatch they gave us as a token of their gratitude to an ally, an ally they continue to fear and mistrust, so I’ve decided to try an experiment in psychology: to strip myself completely, clothes, weapons, dog tags, rings, everything, to become like them, naked and unfettered…”
Robert Kerman – Professor Harold Monroe
“- Harry Crumb: What’s this? An egg?
– Eliot Draison: It’s a pterodactyl egg. It’s fossilized. It’s 90 million years old. In the entire world, only two of these have ever been found.
– Harry Crumb: You know, that may be worth something.”
John Candy – Harry Crumb
Jeffrey Jones – Eliot Draisen
From the movie: Easy Money
“- Saleslady: May I help you?
– Monty Capuletti: No, we’re just browsing.
– Saleslady: How long do you intend to browse?
– Monty Capuletti: That lady over there, you didn’t ask her how long she’s going to browse.
– Saleslady: You don’t look like browsers.
– Nicky Cerone: Yeah, what do browsers look like?
– Monty Capuletti: Yeah, maybe I’m half…”
Jessica James – Saleslady
Rodney Dangerfield – Monty Capuletti
Joe Pesci – Nicky Cerone
From the movie: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
“- Eowyn: I’m going to save you.
– Theoden: You already did… Eowyn. My body is broken. You have to let me go. I go to my fathers, in whose mighty company I shall not now feel ashamed.”
Miranda Otto – Eowyn
Bernard Hill – Theoden
From the movie: Assassin’s Creed
“You’re about to enter the Animus. What you’re about to see, hear and feel are the memories of your ancestor, who has been dead for five hundred years.”
Marion Cotillard – Sophia Rikkin
From the movie: Hangfire
“- Billy: You know how to use that thing?
– Sheriff Ike Slayton: My mother was full-blooded Cherokee, it’s in the genes.”
Ken Foree – Billy
Brad Davis – Sheriff Ike Slayton
From the movie: The Zero Theorem
“Did you know that more than 33 different aboriginal tribes believe that the soul resides somewhere in the lower intestinal tract? Absolutely true, but here’s the zinger: none of these tribes have any knowledge of each other’s existence.”
Lucas Hedges – Bob
From the movie: Water
“- Baxter: We don’t get too many visitors here, except people whose ships have run aground.
– Eric: Almost the entire population is descended from shipwreck victims.
– Baxter: Don’t underestimate your own contribution, Eric.”
Sir Michael Caine – Baxter
Fulton Mackay – Eric
From the movie: Rover Dangerfield
“- Eddie: Boy, that Count really got class.
– Rover Dangerfield: I guess that’s my trouble, no class. I looked up my family tree, two dogs were using it!”
Ronnie Schell – Eddie
Rodney Dangerfield – Rover Dangerfield
From the movie: Dangerous Beauty
“- Veronica Franco: My people are true citizens 700 years back.
– Marco Venier: A coat of arms does not an inheritance make.”
Catherine McCormack – Veronica Franco
Rufus Sewell – Marco Venier
From the movie: Flirting with Disaster
“Why does he have to do the roots thing? Aren’t we good enough parents?”
Mary Tyler Moore – Pearl Coplin
From the movie: Jekyll & Hyde… Together Again
– Jekyll: How far into the muck of my beast ancestors have I descended?
[a “baa” is heard from offscreen. Jekyll turns and sees a sheep]
– Jekyll: That far?
Mark Blankfield – Dr. Henry Jekyll
From the movie: Love at First Bite
“- Dracula: You were born in the wrong time, Cindy Sondheim. In the other age things were simpler, less complicated. Do you know how many women had nervous breakdowns in the fourteenth century?
– Cindy Sondheim: No.
– Dracula: Three.”
George Hamilton – Dracula
Susan Saint James – Cindy Sondheim
From the movie: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
“- Jetfire: My ancestors have been here for centuries! My father, why, he was a wheel! The first wheel! Do you know what he tranformed into?
– Leo Spitz: What?
– Jetfire: Nothing! But he did so with honour, dignity! Damn it!”
Mark Ryan – Jetfire
Ramon Rodriguez – Leo Spitz
“She descended from a long line her mother listened to.”
Gypsy Rose Lee
From the movie: Chariots of Fire
“Let us praise famous men and our fathers that begat us. All these men were honoured in their generations and were a glory in their days. We are here today to give thanks for the life of Harold Abrahams. To honour the legend. Now there are just two of us – young Aubrey Montague and myself – who can close our eyes and remember those few young men…”
Nigel Havers – Lord Andrew Lindsay
From the movie: The Last of the Mohicans
“Great Spirit, Maker of All Life. A warrior goes to you swift and straight as an arrow shot into the sun. Welcome him and let him take his place at the council fire of my people. He is Uncas, my son. Tell them to be patient and ask death for speed, for they are all there but one, I, Chingachgook, last of the Mohicans.”
Russell Means – Chingachgook
From the movie: The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising
“- Will Stanton: Who are you?
– Merriman Lyon: We’re the old ones. Well to tell the truth, we’re neither young nor old, being outside time. You’re the last of us to be born. You are the Sign Seeker.”
Alexander Ludwig – Will Stanton
Ian McShane – Merriman Lyon
From the movie: Dances with Wolves
“Our country is all that we have, and we will fight to keep it.”
Floyd ‘Red Crow’ Westerman – Ten Bears
From the movie: Ernest Goes to Camp
“You will have great wealth if you let these men own the land. He says, who can own a tree? Who can own a rock? Only the Great Spirit. Mister Black, these grounds are the homes to our ancient Indian ceremonial grounds, my grandfather and I are the last of our tribe.”
Victoria Racimo – Nurse St. Cloud
From the movie: The Golden Child
“- Kee Nang: She’s over 300 years old.
– Chandler Jarrell: How do you manage something like that?
– Kee Nang: One of her ancestors was raped by a dragon.
– Chandler Jarrell: Does that happen a lot where you come from?”
Charlotte Lewis – Kee Nang
Eddie Murphy – Chandler Jarrell
From the movie: Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous
“We can all learn from our older generations. I remember I learned a lot from my grandmother, specifically, how to kill chickens.”
Heather Burns – Cheryl Frasier
1 of 2 Next